Why have I been invited to attend this programme?
Your doctor, or another healthcare professional, has recommended that you attend this non-medical self-management programme because you are at high risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
What is the Living Well Taking Control Programme?
The aim of the programme is to help you improve your knowledge, ability and confidence whilst offering you the support you need to make good lifestyle choices.
What happens on the programme?
Full information about what you can expect on the programme can be found by
What topics will the programme cover?
• Know your health and understand what Type 2 diabetes is
• Healthy lifestyle and behaviour change
• Healthy eating
• Understand food labelling
• Create an individual physical activity plan
• Learn how to plan ahead
• Set individual weight management goals
• Learn about the effects of alcohol
How will this be of help to me?
There are many ways the programme will help you; in particular:
• You will understand the impact of your everyday lifestyle choices on your health and so be empoweredto manage your own health and wellbeing more effectively.
• You will be able to prevent disease progression.
•You will be able to help your family and friends avoid developing Type 2 diabetes.
•The atmosphere in the sessions is informal and it’s a great way of getting to share experiences with othersin a similar situation to yourself and pick up some useful information along the way
Can I bring someone along with me?
Yes, in fact it is encouraged!
So if you have a family member or carer that would like to attend please let us know.
I have a disability / I don’t speak English - will my needs be catered for?
Yes, but please let us know as soon as possible about any extra help you may need.
What happens next?
Once you have registered for the programme, you will be contacted by a Living Well Taking Control Coach to discuss the next steps.
What if I have a question - whom do I contact?
Your Living Well Taking Control Coach will give you his or her contact details once you start on the programme.
In the meantime if you have a question, please email us at