Structured support in a relaxed and friendly environment...
The Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme delivered by Living Well Taking Control (LWTC) is designed to be educational but in a relaxed setting. You will be allocated to a friendly local group of others with the same pre-diabetic diagnosis in which you can discuss various aspects of your lifestyle and how you could make adjustments to bring about better health.
This is how the programme works:
STEP 1: an individual assesment with your local LWTC facilitator
STEP 2: 7 weekly group sessions
STEP 3: 6 follow-up support group sessions
All this takes place over a total of 12 months.
It's all about you taking control... We're here to help you:
• Understand the risks of pre-diabetes
• Find out what you need to do to avoid developing diabetes
• Make healthier food choices
• Increase your physical activity
• Discover a new way of living that improves your wellbeing
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Get more out of your life
About your diabetes prevention programme
For specific information about the programme in your area see Find Your Area